Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Deo Gratias - On the Journey


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. I love that I can make podcasts now. I love telling my stories of finding God in my every day life. It is fun and inspiring. Deo gratias!

2. We got a new car. And our car payments are less than they were before! Deo gratias!

3. Went to a diaconate meeting with my hubby. A local priest gave a talk on the spiritual journey. It was the first of a 4 part series and I know that I am going to enjoy these! He is an excellent speaker, very inspiring. Deo gratias!

4. I have been on a diet but the other day I treated myself to some m & m's! My favorite candy of all time! And I didn't feel guilty. Deo gratias!

5. Since retiring, my husband works so hard at taking care of me. I remember watching his father caring for his mother in much the same way. I have been very blessed. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments :

Maria said...

Congrats on the new car & YAY for lower payments! I love your last one...it sounds like your dear hubby learned early on how important it is to care for loved ones.

Overall, a great list of blessings this week!

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! Yes, hubby learned early on, from the best -his dad!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

The best thing on your list was about your wonderful husband. You picked a really good one.

Colleen said...

Barb, yes, I did!! Praise God!