Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Deo Gratias - Searching for God


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. We celebrated my husband's birthday last week. Oldest son and his wife came a long distance to celebrate with us. Deo gratias!
2. My husband cooked his own birthday dinner. That's how much he loves to cook! He was so excited about it. And he made a dessert that was to die for - called chocolate lasagna! Deo gratias!
3. Our weather cooled off for a few days and we went without air conditioning for the first time in months. What a treat to have fresh air. Deo gratias!
4. I went to Adoration last week. What a blessing that is every time I go! I am so grateful for the Eucharist. Jesus 's gift of Himself. Deo gratias!
5. I am on the hunt for some inspirational advent reading. As I search, I discover that a lot of the inspiration comes from the search itself. That pretty much defines the spiritual journey in a nutshell! We find God in our searching. Deo gratias!

 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

2 comments :

Maria said...

Great list! I esp. love your last one!

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Chocolate lasagna...sounds YUMMY!

Did you know that in some countries, the birthday person is the one to plan their party? I spent 4 months studying in Hungary during college. (There were about 30 of us from all over the world.) Several of the students there planned their own celebrations, making the meals for all of us to share. They said that was the way they did it in their countries.

Colleen said...

Maria, what an experience that must have been, studying in Hungary! Awesome!
My husband just loved planning his meal and cooking it. Would not even let me make the coffee!
God bless!