Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Stillness

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Stillness
I have felt pretty tired most of this week. Yesterday I had my Remicade treatment for RA and I was forced to just sit for a couple of hours and do nothing. What a blessing! Sounds weird to say, but the Remicade is certainly helping my RA (dosage was increased and I am doing better). I was also seated next to a window and was able to look outside, watch the birds and the trees swaying in the breeze.
One of the trees had pretty yellow flowers on it. I don't know what kind of tree it was, but it was beautiful.
This is my version of "Stop and smell the roses!"

Advent
Starting to make preparations for advent (spiritually speaking). I am not quite there yet but I did find some great resources on the Ignatian Spirituality site. Prepare ye the way of the Lord!

Blessed Sacrament
Took some pictures of our church for the church bulletin. It gave me an opportunity to explore the grounds and see the church from all angles! And I took a moment to make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament. A few minutes only, but those few minutes were special. As always.



2 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I really like the picture of your church. So Florida with the palm trees.

Good to hear that your RA is improving a bit. A lady with RA works out at the warm water therapy pool I use. She is close to 80 but doesn't look it. I don't think she is getting the same kind of treatments you are. If you have access to a warm water, especially a salt water pool to exercise in, that would be great. I have a lot of Sabbath Moments when I'm working out, especially on the weekends when nobody else is there.

Colleen said...

Barb, I have a pool at my condo but not warm water. There is a spa but cant exercise. However, sitting in it is very comforting!