Thursday, November 14, 2013

Small Success Thursday: Cutting Back


Our days are filled with "small successes." To participate in this meme, write 3 small successes each week on Thursday and link up to CatholicMom.com.

My small successes this week:

1. I was tempted to take on another writing project and I knew deep inside that I did not have time for this so I decided against it. Amazing since I have a hard time saying no.

2. I went to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual a couple of nights. Since I am normally a night owl, this is truly a success story. I am evidently very tired (the reason for #1 too, I would guess.)

3. After 34 years of marriage and each of us having our own car (except for a short spell when we still had kids at home and we cut down to one car and it turned out to be a BIG mistake), we are now down to one car. This brings up interesting scenarios as we try to work out our schedules and also compromise on what we put in the car and what we don't. And the realization that the car is no longer MY car. It is OUR car.
So far so good. If course it has only been a week. Uhhh... make that 5 days.

9 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praise the Lord for our successes great or small.

Thank you Colleen for visiting my Blog.

May God bless you and yours always.

Sherry Antonetti said...

Wow. I'm impressed. It's no small success to work with only one car, or to turn down work. I know I have a tremendously difficult time saying no. Congratulations!

Lisa Hendey said...

I LOVE #2. Kudos!

Barb, ofs said...

While I am no night owl by any stretch of the imagination, 30 minutes earlier on any given night sounds like heaven to me! :)

Colleen said...

Victor, praise God for sure! God bless!

Sherry, thank you! We hope the one car thing works.

Lisa, thank you! I had to force myself to go to bed as my eyes kept closing! I was very glad I did. I felt much better!

Barb, I love staying up late but believe me, those early nights did me a lot of good.

Mary N. said...

5 days huh? Think you can last 2 weeks?
Just kidding! I hope it works out!

Oh, I'd love to sneak into bed thirty minutes earlier, Colleen. An hour and I'd be loving life...
It's funny but when I was a teenager 11:00 was sleeping in, now 7:00 is sleeping in and it doesn't happen too often.

Colleen said...

Mary, it has now been a week! Woo hoo!
I can sleep in til 10 am easy!! but that is rare. And that is because I go to bed so late, especially when I have adoration!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

We went to one car 6-7 years ago and it's worked out well. Best of all, my husband enjoys driving me around and we do many errands together. I think it promotes greater unselfishness.

Colleen said...

Barb, I think you are right! We have to be able to work everything out and put each others needs ahead of our own. And compromise a lot! And it gives us more time to talk because we dont always have a lot of time during the day to talk when I work.