Sunday, December 1, 2013

Come, Lord Jesus

So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come. - Matthew 24:44
Advent comes from the Latin word adventus, meaning "coming."
During Advent we await and prepare for the celebration of Christmas, the anniversary of the Nativity of Jesus.
We also await and prepare for the Second Coming of Jesus.
And we also hope and pray and wait for the coming of Jesus into our hearts.
Which all pretty much sums up Advent for us: Hope. Pray. Wait.
This Advent I plan on keeping things simple. Very simple. Instead of doing too many things that I can never stick to, I plan to read and pray every day with one of my advent devotionals and follow the Ignatian advent calendar for adults. (See below)
And so today my prayer is also simple: Come, Lord Jesus, Come.


Online Advent Experience

7 comments :

Karin said...

Wishing you a blessed Advent Colleen. I too am trying to keep it simple. Sometimes I get a little too excited about this beautiful season and end up trying to do too much which is never productive.
Thanks for the link to the calendar.
Hugs & Advent Blessings!

Colleen said...

Karin, thank you! I am like you - I try to do too much. I hope not this year!!
Hegs and blessings!

Jean Wise said...

May your Advent be filled with blessings. I think the idea of keeping things simple is the way to go. works for me.

Kathleen Basi said...

In this season it's go go go for us, so your vision of Advent sounds very attractive. Then again our go go go is beautiful, too. Must remember to be *patient* and not think the grass is greener elsewhere...

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you! A blessed advent to you!

Kathleen, being patient is not easy but I agree!
I also agree your "go-go-go" is beautiful with your family. My go-go-go - lately - not so much. I have to slow down.

Joann Nelander said...

I like that,keeping it simple. That's my plan,too,for Advent and Christmas. I'm looking forward to peace. The clouds that have hung, practically dripping over the mountain seem to be ushering in a season apart for the usual. The snow and ice have slowed things a bit. Every little bit helps. Peace, Colleen.

Colleen said...

Joann, Simple, slow, peaceful. I am all for that! Peace to you, too!