Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Deo Gratias - Busy, Busy, Busy


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Our fridge stopped working. We thought we were going to have to get a new one but the repairman seems to have fixed it. And my fudge survived the incident. I am so grateful that this did not happen the week of Christmas! Deo gratias!
2. Such a busy time at work. I do not know how I am getting everything done. Must be by the grace of God. Deo gratias!
 3. My hubby works so hard. He has been baking and wrapping and shopping, seems like non-stop. I do not know how he does it but I am grateful that he not only gets stuff done but he loves doing it all. And in the middle of all of this, he is working on his Christmas homily! Deo gratias!
4. The weather has cooled down some. I actually needed a sweater this morning when I left to go to work. Deo gratias!
5. I have been writing an ebook. It is a list of reflections about going on personal retreats. It will be finished soon and there will be a couple of freebies to go with it. It has been difficult to find the time to write it but it is finally taking shape. Deo gratias!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments :

Maria said...

Yes, it does sound like you've been quite busy, but you've made time to find the blessings...very important!

The fudge survived? That is definitely something to be thankful for! LOL

Looking forward to your reflections. I've always enjoyed your writing.

Colleen said...

Thanks so much, Maria! (I agree about the fudge! lol)

Mary N. said...

Cool enough for a sweater here too...along with a heavy coat, gloves, hat, scarf, boots, thick socks, long johns, etc...

Lol! Weather has been very cold and snowy here! But I'm happy to have a white Christmas this year!

I'm glad your fudge survived! Enjoy!

I'll be looking forward to reading your e-book :)

Colleen said...

Mary, I imagine your weather is just a bit colder than mine!! Yay for white Christmases! I am jealous!
Glad to "See" you here. I have missed you. Hope all is well.

Merry Christmas!