Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Deo Gratias - Many Blessings


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Hubby and I both had the flu/virus/cold??? We are not sure what it was! I am still coughing but I feel OK. Hubby had a relapse but is much better today. Deo gratias!
2. My retreat last Saturday went well. I spoke about advent and how to prepare for the coming of the Lord into our lives every day. Such a joy to do these retreats and share my love of the Lord. Deo gratias!
3. Karinann from Reflections on the Sacred chose a patron saint for my blog - St. Francis Xavier. I do not know a lot about him, but look forward to getting to know him better! Visit Karinann at her blog if you would like a patron saint too! Deo gratias!
4. All of our grandchildren make us proud. This week one of our grandsons is graduating from college. Another grandson is a senior in high school and he won Offensive Player of the Year (football). We are going to see him play in his last football game - the All Star Game. Deo gratias!
5. I just love candles and I am enjoying the balsam smell this Christmas season. And vanilla too! Deo gratias! 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

3 comments :

Maria said...

Glad you are both feeling better now!

Mmmm! I bet you home smells wonderful w/ those great candles.

Sorry I missed this week. It's been one of those weeks (of course, all the more reason I SHOULD take time to look for the blessings, right?)

Colleen said...

I understand. My days and weeks are like that lately. That is why I keep saying to myself, slow down!!
Hope you get some time to ponder. God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Hey, Colleen, eucalyptus oil kills viruses in the respiratory tract. It's the herb that gives Vicks its unique smell. If I even think I'm coming down with a cold or sinus infection I sniff the stuff and so far this year, I've chased away a couple of bouts with a cold. God's blessings.