Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Finding Bethlehem

When the angels went away from them to heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go, then, to Bethlehem to see this thing that has taken place, which the Lord has made known to us.” So they went in haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger. Lk 2:15-16
It's almost Christmas. The parish office is pretty busy. I am running back & forth between the church and the office. Each time I do, I feel a nudge to go to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
So each time I go there, I pay attention to that nudge and I go to make a short visit, to say hello to Jesus.
And all I can do, it seems, is stand there in front of the tabernacle, with tears rolling down my face. I really don't know why. I just feel filled up with love for Jesus. And an awareness of His presence.
It's almost Christmas. Perhaps my waiting is over. Perhaps I have found Bethlehem.
Emmanuel.

6 comments :

Karin said...

Colleen,
I understand your tears. I have shed a few of my own these past few days. It took me a moment to realize that they weren't tears of sadness, but rather ones of awe and love. I love how you expressed it in your reflection "finding Bethlehem".
Wishing you and your family a Merry and Blessed Christmas.
Hugs and Blessings!

Colleen said...

Thank you, Karin! Such an emotional time isnt it? God bless!

Anne Bender said...

Colleen this is so beautiful!!!! I am moved by your reflection. Merry Christmas!

Colleen said...

Anne, thank you. Merry Christmas!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Happy New Year. You pick the most beautiful themes for your blog.

Regarding the tears, all the old Christmas hymns, when I read all the verses, bring me to tears. They are so full of meaning and truth I am overwhelmed.

Colleen said...

Barb, those hymns are beautiful. Glad I am not the only one tears!
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I try to find something different every year.
Happy New Year!