Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Simple Devotions

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Eucharistic Adoration
I love going to Eucharistic Adoration. Such a blessing. Always.

Retreat
I have been working on an advent retreat that I am doing at my parish for a small group of women who belong to a lay religious group. I myself am a Benedictine oblate and I enjoy doing these retreats. The theme is Preparing the Way of the Lord. I receive many blessings from doing these kinds of retreats. I often think I receive more than I give. God is good!

Advent
I continue to keep my advent devotions simple. I read my devotionals. And I read or listen to some of the Ignatian advent resources almost every day.


2 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

We're snowed in (somewhat)since we have yet to get out of our driveway. Every few hours Roger goes and scrapes away more, and I help a little. This is unusual for us. I look on it as God's way of making us stop and think and thank Him. And it's really beautiful outside. Quiet, too, since few people want to be out slipping around on the ice under this snow.

Colleen said...

Wow. sounds like God is saying to you - be still!!

Awesome.