Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Deo Gratias - Feeling the Gratitude


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of this blog and my blogging friends, .... Deo gratias!
2. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of gratitude, for teaching me how gratitude can help us lift our hearts to you and grow closer to you, Lord, ... Deo gratias!
3. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my husband, my best friend, who loves me and takes care of me and makes me laugh through all the ups and downs of life, ... Deo gratias!
4. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my girlfriend, my buddy for 54 years! We are both turning 60 this year! Hard to believe ... Deo gratias!
5. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of faith. Thank you for helping me see you in all the everyday moments of my life and, despite an abusive childhood, helping me to know love and to know you are always with me and have always been with me, holding me close, through it all... Deo gratias!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments :

Susan said...

Yes, your blog is a blessing. I'm thankful for it too.

A wonderful list this week. Truly, "gratitude is riches."

thelindenvalley said...

I "amen" all the things you're thankful for!

I'm very glad to be joining you in the blogging world again, so I'm adding a Deo Gratias post of my own.

God bless!

Evan

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you are joining me with this meme. God bless.

Evan, I am so glad to see you here. Join us anytime. I will check out your new blog!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

My "Deo Gratias" is for you and your blog, Colleen. I feel so close to you and really love to read all of your posts.