Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Deo Gratias - Happy New Year


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. For Christmas, for the coming of our Savior, ... deo gratias!
2. For the gift of the Mass, ... deo gratias!
3. For special time with family, and the blessing of seeing our children and our grandchildren, ... deo gratias!
4. For my sister, who is not well but had the joy of spending her Christmas with both my brothers and my mother for the first time in a few years, ... deo gratias!
5. With gratitude for 2013, we give thanks for our new year, 2014, and wish all a happy and blessed New Year ... deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments :

Susan said...

Yes, the mass and Christ's birth are things we can never be thankful enough for! Such gifts! Such miracles.

Colleen said...

Susan, Amen! Thanks for joining me. Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Joann Nelander said...

An attitude of gratitude - a great way to end, begin and navigate a year. I'm with you, Colleen and with Susan agree, "such miracles."

RAnn said...

I was looking for a Wednesday meme; I think I'll play next week.

Colleen said...

Joann, amen! An attitude of gratitude helps us see God in all things.

RAnn, would love to "see" you here! Join us any time! God bless.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Since I just got back from confession I'd like to add:

For the Sacrament of Reconcilliation (and all the sacraments)...deo gratias! :)

Colleen said...

Amen! Thank you!