Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Deo Gratias - Home Sweet Home


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. My husband was sick last weekend and we spent a whole night in the ER, but he is doing much better now, Deo gratias!
2.We are finally experiencing some cold temperatures in Florida and the change feels good! Deo gratias!
3. Saw such a beautiful sunset tonight on my drive home from work. It is the first one I have seen in a long time. Deo gratias!
4. I lost some weight before Christmas and did not gain any of it back during the holidays. Surprised myself! Deo gratias!
5. We have been living in our new place now for about 4 months and I am finally starting to feel like this is home. I was so glad to get home after hubby was discharged from ER and I am always so glad to get home after a busy day at work. Home sweet home. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

8 comments :

Susan said...

Regaining health is such a blessing. So glad your husband's better.

Glad you got some warmer temperatures. That is a blessing.

Thanks for encouraging me to count my blessings.

Colleen said...

Susan, thanks for joining me in this meme. It does help us to count our blessings doesnt it? God bless!

Mary N. said...

I'm so glad your husband is okay, Colleen.
Congrats on the weight loss. I can't say the same myself unfortunately...lol. I blame it on the Seven Layer Bars. (But man they were good! Definitely looks as if I'm wearing seven layers though.)

I guess it's cold everywhere!

Colleen said...

Mary, I almost feel embarrassed saying it is cold here. For some people, this would feel like a warm spell!! :)
Losing weight is hard. I have been on a diet for about 40 years! (off and on - lol)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for your husband, and you.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor!

Anonymous said...

I join the others in saying that it's good to hear that your husband is better. Did the rest of the week go OK for him?

And yes, I'm sure it was such a relief to find that you hadn't packed on any pounds during the holidays! We probably all worry about putting on weight as the sumptuous victuals of first Thanksgiving and then Christmas are paraded before us. But good for you!

Since I haven't kept up with your blog for a while, I didn't know you had moved. Glad to hear you're adjusting well to the new place.

By the way, I'm starting a new blog this week, so I'll join you for "Deo Gratias" this Wednesday, ok?

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, yes we moved and we are closer to everything. And we are renting. It is great.
Good news about your blog! It will be great to hear from you again! I have missed you.
God bless!