Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Deo Gratias - Writing and Other Everyday Stuff


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Thank you Lord for helping me in my everyday life. Specifically this week, I am grateful that I met a writing deadline! Deo gratias!

2. Speaking of writing deadlines, I have been asked to contribute articles every week to a new website. I am so grateful for the opportunity! Deo gratias!

3. I am having lunch with a friend today which is always a joy! Deo gratias!

4. I saw a beautiful sunrise this morning. The first one I have seen in a long time. Deo gratias!

5. I am so grateful for the gift of laughter. It is so healing. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

13 comments :

Susan said...

A beautiful list, Colleen. All good things. I wonder what blog you're now writing for. Please share a link!

Maria said...

Congrats on meeting your deadline & your new writing venture. Yes, please share the link...your writings are always so inspirational!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations on your contributions to a new website. Well done.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you! It is a brand new website and it goes live in February. I will post the link!

Maria, thank you! I will post the link when it happens. It is supposed to be about life and faith. I have been asked to write the kinds of stuff I always write. About how I find God in my everyday life. Like the posts I write for CatholicMom.com.

Victor, thank you!

Mary N. said...

Congratulations, Colleen - I am looking forward to reading the new site!

I am SO grateful for the gift of laughter as well. I agree that it's very healing :)

Have a great day!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! You have a great sense of humor and the gift of making people laugh. Like my hubby does. Praise God!

Connie Arnold said...

Deo Gratias! Giving thanks for the blessings of this new year. Thank you for the lovely post, Colleen!

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

thankful for our children

Colleen said...

Connie, thanks so much!

Melanie, thank you too! Thanks for joining us!

Michael Seagriff said...

Colleen:

I have read and enjoyed this weekly column of yours for some time. Beginning today, I will follow your example more frequently and thank God for the many blessings He showers upon me and which I often take for granted.

Thank you for touching so many hearts and souls.

RAnn said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful.

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you for your kind words. My spiritual director used to always tell me the same thing Meister Eckhart said - that saying thank you is enough. We become more and more aware of our many blessings and more and more grateful. And then we can see God's hand in everything, even the difficult times.
It took me awhile to understand that but I do now. I hope all will join us, even if it is just in one's own heart.

Colleen said...

RAnn, thank you!