Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sabbath Moments - Fools for Christ

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Reading More
Sometimes I get so caught up in my things-to-do list, I run out of time and reading seems to get relegated to the bottom of the list. I have been reminding myself to put it near the top, especially spiritual reading. It needs to be right up there close to praying.

Silence and listen
Fr. James Martin wrote on Facebook one evening wrote about how the words silence and listen have the same letters. They belong together!
He wrote that we need to "find some time to be 

silent

 so that (we) might 

listen

 for God." Amen.
Lately it has been a struggle for me to find silence. But I never give up!

Showing Love for Christ
I read a great gospel reflection on CatholicMom.com today. Deacon Tom gave us a question to ponder about whether or not we confuse dignity with letting go of our inhibitions before the Lord. He wrote how some people will prostrate themselves before the tabernacle.
I don't do that because I would never get up again! Not without a lot of help! :)
But before I leave the chapel, I will kiss my fingers and press them up to the tabernacle, like blowing a kiss to my Lord.
One of the reasons I love going to a charismatic Mass (they are hard to find around here - my last time was over a year ago) is the openness of people praising God and raising their hands in prayer and adoration. There is something to be said for being a "fool for Christ." (1 Cor 4:10)


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

2 comments:

Mary N. said...

Hi Colleen,
Thanks for the link - that was a great reflection!

I never noticed that silent and listen both have the same letters but I find it interesting. Similar to how "evil" is "live" spelled backwards. It wouldn't surprise me at all if God gave us clues like this - we need all the help we can get I guess :)

Colleen said...

Mary, it wouldn't surprise me either! :)
I loved that reflection too. God bless!
Thanks for your visit! Nice to "see" you!