Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sabbath Moments - Looking for God

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Happy New Year!
The first weekend of 2014 and I decided to try to get back into my writing routine, such as it was. (More on that in another post.)
Christmas was wonderful but hectic. Our celebrations spread out over two weekends as we saw all of our children and most of our grandchildren. Inbetween those celebrations, I was working and you can only imagine what a parish office is like during this time.
So New Year's Day was spent watching movies with my hubby and just chilling out. I spent the day in pajamas and I didn't do much at all. Believe me, that day was sorely needed. The only negative thing about that day was that there were not 2 of them!
We had many precious moments with family and I can only praise God for such a gift.

Christmas Memories
Midnight Mass. There are no words.
Listening to Christmas music, watching the lights on the tree, gazing at the creche and the lit candles, ... all are sabbath moments.
Looking across the canal at other homes decorated with lights, reflected at night in the water, so pretty and peaceful, too.
My son (who came from Georgia for a few days) surprising me by picking me up at work. And then coming home to hear my grandson say - It's Grandma! 
Calling my mom to wish her a merry Christmas and missing her.
Looking for God in my everyday life ... and finding Him.

 

4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Noo Year to ye and yers.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I've got that resolution to get back to a writing routine, too. A most blessed 2014 to you!

Colleen said...

Victor, the same to you! God bless!

Barb, Easy to get out of that routine this time of year! God bless!

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

Happy New Year
A Gospel Reflection for Sabbath Moments
http://melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/a-gospel-reflection-for-sabbath-moments/