Sunday, January 5, 2014

Testify to the Light

"They were overjoyed at seeing the star." - Matthew 2:10
In his homily for this feast day of Epiphany, my husband brought up some great questions to ponder. Among them were:
Do those who seek God seek Him in the hearts of His followers?
Do they recognize Christ in each of us?
Do the modern seekers still find Christ, not in a stable in Bethlehem, but in you and me?
As a child, I lived in a dark world. I lived in a world where lies were truth and abuse was called love and dark was called light.
Looking back I can see that there were people in my life who testified to the light. I heard it at church. I heard it from my grandmother. I heard it from friends. I heard it from strangers.
I followed that light for years, not knowing why it was there, not understanding what it was or what it meant or exactly what I was supposed to do with it.
But the light drew me. It drew me for years. Eventually it drew me to Jesus. And soon I realized - it was my turn. It was my turn to testify to the light.
It was time for me to be a light for Jesus so others may find Him.

Lord, help me to see you everywhere and in everyone. Help me to be one of your lights, to be your shining star, leading others to find you. And Lord, oh please, may others see You in me. Amen. 


published in Jan. 2012

7 comments :

Kathleen Basi said...

Oh, that's such a good reminder to all of us.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

How really blessed you were to have light in your life. It allowed you to know the evil for what it was, even though you were helpless as a child to stop it. God's grace is so truly amazing in you and in what you are doing for others. I'm very glad to have found you.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, thank you! I love that we writers/bloggers can witness to Jesus' presence in our lives.

Barb, thank you. I am glad we found each other. And yes, God has blessed me. Writing my book helped me discover that.

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

you have won the Sunshine award. Come to my post to see the EASY rules http://melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/starting-the-new-year-with-an-award/

Colleen said...

Thank you Melanie!

Joann / Lioness said...

Colleen, I will make your prayer my own. You are a wonderful witness and a sign of Christ's healing love.

Colleen said...

Joann, thank you.