Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Deo Gratias - Apps, Lent & Healing


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. My youngest celebrated his birthday this week. My baby is 28 years old. Gee whiz. How does that happen so fast? Deo Gratias!
2.  Found a great app for my phone/ipad - DGems. It is an app with daily gospel reflections from a Jesuit priest. You can check out this review that also includes links to where you can get the app. One of the my favorites already. Deo gratias!
3. Have you started planning for Lent yet? I have and I am doing my best not to pile too much on, which is what I usually do. I am so grateful for the help the Lord has given me. I even found a book to read, which is one I have read before but I want to read it again. I will tell you more as we get into Lent. Deo gratias!
4. The stepfather of one of my daughters-in-law had a heart attack last week and was was seriously ill, but he pulled through! Thanks to the doctors and the prayers and our Lord! Deo gratias!
5. A beautiful evening. Cool breeze coming off the canals behind my home. Some lights reflecting off the water. Just beautiful and peaceful. I needed that tonight after a hectic day at work. Deo gratias!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

9 comments :

Maria said...

Happy Birthday to your son! It is amazing how fast they grow up. Our daughter will be 9 on Friday & I can't believe it!

Yes, I just made some Lenten choices this morning. I'm looking forward to some deeper prayers & time w/ our Lord!

God bless! Thanks for hosting Deo Gratias each week! There is so much to be thankful for!

Susan said...

I love the description of the night weather. I can't believe Lent is here. I'll have to make a good plan.

Colleen said...

Maria, I so agree. if we are open, we can see all the blessings in our lives!

Susan, I cant believe it either. And yet, it is pretty late this year.

Mary N. said...

Hi Colleen,
Time flies by when it comes to our children! Glad to hear your DIL's stepfather pulled through.

My daughter and I are trying to focus on virtues this Lent. If I try to do too much I flop! So this time the main focus is virtues and I'll let God decide what else He wants :)

Connie Arnold said...

Wonderful blessings you share, much for which to give thanks. It is good to give thanks daily for all things. Blessings to you, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Mary, I so agree. So many years I have started out doing too much and I end up cutting down. This year I am going to keep it simple.
I am going to stick to a Benedictine way. Will write more later! God bless!

Colleen said...

Connie, yes, this meme helps me to remember to give thanks. God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I think your Lenten plan is perfect for an Oblate. This morning I was thinking that while denying ourselves, which is a way of moving away from something, we need to structure our lives so as to be moving toward something positive in God's eyes. Along with that, like Mary noted, we have to let God manage things. This is how we can avoid falling into a trap of thinking we're hot stuff because we achieved this or that when God is the one who is doing all the heavy lifting.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you so much! I agree with you. I have tried to do this the past few years - fasting from something that is a hindrance to my relationship with God. I don't think chocolate is the issue. So I am going to fast from complaining. Boy, I imagine the Lord is happy to hear about that!