"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. My youngest celebrated his birthday this week. My baby is 28 years old. Gee whiz. How does that happen so fast? Deo Gratias!
2. Found a great app for my phone/ipad - DGems. It is an app with daily gospel reflections from a Jesuit priest. You can check out this review that also includes links to where you can get the app. One of the my favorites already. Deo gratias!
3. Have you started planning for Lent yet? I have and I am doing my best not to pile too much on, which is what I usually do. I am so grateful for the help the Lord has given me. I even found a book to read, which is one I have read before but I want to read it again. I will tell you more as we get into Lent. Deo gratias!
4. The stepfather of one of my daughters-in-law had a heart attack last week and was was seriously ill, but he pulled through! Thanks to the doctors and the prayers and our Lord! Deo gratias!
5. A beautiful evening. Cool breeze coming off the canals behind my home. Some lights reflecting off the water. Just beautiful and peaceful. I needed that tonight after a hectic day at work. Deo gratias!