"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. Beautiful weather this week - in the 70's! Was able to spend some time on the patio, looking out at the water. Deo gratias!
2. My oldest son had a birthday this week. I was able to talk to him before we both started our work day. He lives near Atlanta and was facing snow days again! I wanted to write that he is a "good boy" but I really need to face the fact that he is a grown man with a family. In his 30's for heaven's sake. So OK, he is a good man. And I am blessed to be his mom. Deo gratias!
3. Had a great conversation with my mom who is feeling much better. She plays the organ at her church (protestant) and is also a deaconess there. Her pastor's wife passed away and she was nervous about playing a different organ for the funeral, but she did well. Her pastor was very instrumental in getting her back to church after many many years away. When my stepfather died, he was very supportive and kind and she found a home in his church. Now she is a deaconess. God is awesome. Deo gratias!
4. Finished my trio of ebooks. Alone with God is a series of reflections on retreats and then there are 2 mini books. I am ready to start a major project now. The book will be on spiritual direction and my experience of it. I have been writing notes here and there but now I am feeling inspired and anxious to dig in. That may be a good sign. Deo gratias!
5. Before I get totally involved in a new writing project, I need to finish the retreat I am working on. I will be presenting it in another week to a group at my church. It is about Letting Go. A fun subject for sure. :) Deo gratias!