Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Deo Gratias - Snow Days!


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. My mom has been sick and a lot of people in her area up north have the flu and pneumonia. So I have been worried about her, but she is doing much better. Deo gratias!
2. I just finished an ebook of reflections on retreats and will make it available soon! Deo gratias!
3. I have been having trouble with my eyes and vision and have been putting off going in for an eye exam. Finally, I gave in and yes, I need new glasses but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (both my vision and the cost)! Deo gratias!
4. The weather was so beautiful last week (in Florida anyway) that we were able to sit on the patio, eating dinner and looking out at the water. Beautiful and peaceful. Deo gratias!
5. My youngest grandchildren saw snow for the first time last week and my daughter-in-law sent me some great pictures! Below is a couple of my grandson. Deo gratias!

 I love this picture! Talk about JOY!


Here my grandson is playing with a beach shovel! What else is a southern boy going to use to play with snow?


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

8 comments :

Maria said...

Prayers for you mom that she will feel better soon. I know so many people have been sick lately (us included!)

What great photos! He really looks like he's having a blast. I love the beach shovel in the snow! LOL

evanscove said...

May your mother be blessed with a speedy recovery!

I'm glad to hear that your vision issues, not to mention the cost, turned out not as bad as you had feared. I know how it is having to get eye exams and pay for new glasses. But thank goodness we can see!

I guess your grandson had to make 'snow castles' instead of sand castles with his buck and shovel. The upside is that the waves won't wash them away after a short while! Looks he had was a having a grand old time playing in the snow. We had some last week, but of course it didn't last long. Well, winter's not over yet!

Evan

Colleen said...

Maria, i love that picture too! Thanks for your prayers.

Evan, thanks for your prayer. You are right - thank God we can see!
Love the "snow castles" comment. lol

Jean Wise said...

Great photos. made me smile. Praying for your mom's recovery too. and can't wait for you new book. Congrats.

Mary N. said...

Great photos of your grandson, Colleen! His mouth must have dropped with awe when he first walked outside :)

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you! Made me smile too. That joy!

Mary, I wish i had been there to see it Praise God for photos!!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

You made me smile. Glad your mom is doing better. A lot of people are getting the flu right now.

Colleen said...

Barb, I smile too every time I look at these pictures!
:)