Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Deo Gratias - A Closer Walk with Jesus


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Thank you, Lord, for this season of Lent. It is a time of renewal that I have really needed! Deo gratias!
2. Fr. James Martin's new book came out yesterday and it is awesome. I have only read the introduction and I already love it! Deo gratias!
3. I have been feeling called to a deeper personal relationship with Jesus. The feeling has only grown stronger after starting Fr. Martin's book. Deo gratias!
4. How has your Lenten plan been going? For me, so far so good but it has only been a week! Still, I am grateful for this time to pray more and pay more attention to my relationship with the Lord. Deo gratias!
5. I am giving a talk on spiritual direction this coming weekend. It is one of my favorite topics and I have started a book about it. Since I have experienced being both a directee and a director, I have a lot to share. It is certainly a blessing. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments :

Maria said...

I've only read one of Fr. Martin's books (My Life with the Saints), but really enjoyed it. This one sounds great.

I'm sure your talk this weekend will be full of wonderful insights w/ your experience. Wish I lived closer so I could attend!

Colleen said...

Maria, I will probably write about my talk. Might even tape it. If so, I will share!! God bless!

Mary N. said...

I didn't know Fr. Martin had a new book out. Let me know what you think about it when you finish! I'm always looking for good books :)

Our Lent has been going well. Michaela loves picking from the bucket of virtues we made :) Fasting though? Not so well! I really struggle in this area. I tend to do the minimum I have to admit. It wasn't always this way -
I'm not sure why it has gotten harder for me.

I hope you do write about your talk, Colleen!

God bless!

Colleen said...

Thanks Mary.
Fasting has always been a hard thing for me too. I decided that fasting from food did nothing but make me grouchy! So I am fasting from complaining. I pray for a conversion!

Moonshadow said...

I heard about Fr. Martin's new book right after I returned from an eight-day pilgrimage in Israel - such a happy coincidence. And I can't believe Fr. Martin resisted visiting the Holy Land because he thought it was commercialized. Ple-eeeze!

I'd like to read his new book.

Colleen said...

Moonshadow, the book is great so far. I thought the same thing about his reason for resisting going to the Holy Land! I went to the Holy Land and I remember people were really upset about the Via dolorosa because of the shops there and people harassing us as we walked. I thought about Jesus carrying the cross and how he had to undergo far worse, and I felt so close to him!
It's all about attitude. and prayer. Thanks for your comment! Hope you share about your trip!