Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Deo Gratias - Family & Camping Fun


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Gave my talk on spiritual direction. It wasn't as polished as I would have liked but I got good feedback. I have to learn to trust and let God do His thing. He always makes "crooked ways straight." Deo gratias!
2. Had a wonderful phone conversation with my mother the other day. We laughed and giggled and tried to solve the world's problems. What a blessing! Deo gratias!
3. My son and his wife took the kids camping last weekend. It brought back so many happy memories of the years we took him and his brother on camping trips. Deo gratias!
4. I have been losing weight lately. Been on a diet off and on, trying to change my habits with eating. Actually I think it has more to do with attitude. I don't put pressure on myself. I just take one day at a time. Deo gratias!
5. Don't you just love digital cameras? We get pictures of our grandchildren almost everyday. Here is one of our son and grandson toasting marshmallows on their camping trip. I so love it! Deo gratias! 




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments :

Maria said...

I love laughing & giggling w/ my mom! My sister, Mom, & I used to get into some of the biggest giggling fits. My dad would just shake his head & leave the room! He just didn't know what he was missing...LOL!

Congrats on your talk & your weight loss! You have much to be thankful for this week.

Colleen said...

Maria,

Thank you! Yes, those giggling fits are great. "Good for what ails you!"

Jean Wise said...

Love your list each week. and congrats on losing weight. I am working on mine too so lets encourage each other.

Colleen said...

Jean, absolutely! Losing weight is so hard. Encouragement from friends helps!

Mary N. said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, Colleen! I packed on some weight this winter and now I have to get it off :( (The frown is because it's so easy to gain and so hard to take off again. Sigh.)

I love the camping picture!

Colleen said...

Mary, I frown for the same reason! Thanks for visiting! :)