Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Deo Gratias - Lent Begins


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. It is Ash Wednesday. Lent begins. A season of renewal and time to remember to put God first. Deo gratias!
2. Read a blog post the other day on Conversion Diary blog - "The secret to not being overwhelmed." It had a quote that really grabbed me. Will write more about it this week on my podcast blog. I was so grateful because it really made a difference in my day yesterday. Deo gratias!
3. I am so thankful for my faith and for being Catholic. This prayerful time of Lent always reminds me of this awesome blessing. This weekend is the Rite of Election in dioceses around the world. I pray for the new candidates. Deo gratias!
4. I had a long and wonderful phone conversation with my mom the other night. We email every day and call once a week. She is an awesome lady, a blessing to me. Deo gratias!
5. There are so many resources available for Lent. I am grateful but I also know how easily I can become overwhelmed. The message has come to me loud and clear - keep it simple! Deo gratias!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments :

Maria said...

Yes, I've learned the hard way to keep it simple during Lent. But it is so hard w/ the many wonderful resources out there.

evanscove said...

Happy Ash Wednesday, Colleen! Yes, this is definitely a time to be grateful. And it sounds like we both have plenty to be grateful for! Sorry to miss the last couple of weeks, but I'm glad to join you for another Deo Gratias.

Have a blessed Lent!

Evan

Colleen said...

Maria, I know just what you mean. I am still tempted, even today, to add more readings to my day!

Evan, happy Ash Wednesday to you! Glad to see you back! God bless!

Mary N. said...

Hi Colleen,
Thanks for the link to "The secret to not being overwhelmed" - that was a really good article.

Keeping it simple here too :) Maybe then I WON"T feel "overwhelmed" this Lent!