Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Deo Gratias - Praying Twice


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Thank you, Lord, for my hubby, who loves me and encourages me and helps me to keep going through the good and the bad. Deo gratias!
2. Thank you, Lord, for the restful, peaceful weekend we had last weekend. Just what we needed. Deo gratias!
3. Thank you, Lord, for giving me patience when I needed it so badly. I mean, really needed it. Deo gratias!
4. Thank you, Lord, for the sunset I watched this evening. So beautiful. Pink and orange wispy clouds. Such a painting you gave me, Lord. Deo gratias!
5. Thank you, Lord, for music. Music is beauty and joy. Music is uplifting. Music speaks to our hearts. St Augustine said that those who sing "pray twice." Amen! Deo gratias!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments :

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I am still learning how to use my DSLR camera. I haven't yet tried taking any photos of sunsets. I'm working my way up to doing that! Was the sun setting over the ocean? We have so many trees where we live that the sun just disappears from sight before it actually sets. In the morning, the sun looks so beautiful peeking out from behind the gum trees, as it rises!

It's always good to reflect on our blessings. Thank you for sharing yours and making me think of mine.

Maria said...

What a lovely list this week! Whenever I pray for patience, God only gives me more opportunities to practice it...LOL!

Music has always been a big part of my life. I so agree w/ St. Augustine!

Colleen said...

Sue, I am not near the ocean any more! :(
However, I am on a canal and while the sunsets are prettier near the beach, we get some pretty ones here.
I am not good with my camera either. I don't know what settings to use! So I just point and click!! And pray! lol.
Thanks for stopping by?

Colleen said...

Maria, I agree with what you said about patience. I should not pray for it any more!! lol