Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's That Time: Aging Gracefully

My husband and I just recently sold our home. We wanted to move closer to work and church. Instead of buying, we are now renting a furnished place and brought only a few pieces of furniture with us.
My spiritual director has often told me that we spend the first part of our lives trying to accumulate things and the last part of our lives letting go of them.
It's that time for us. Time to let go. Time to simplify.
I will soon be sixty. That fact does not bother me at all. In fact, I'm really looking forward to it. I find the whole idea of it quite intriguing.
And I wonder, how will I feel when I look in the mirror at a sixty-year-old me?


Read more at CatholicMom.com

7 comments :

Maria said...

What a beautiful article, Colleen! It sounds like you truly are aging gracefully (& beautifully, I might add!) You may have the aches & pains, but w/ that also comes the wisdom & peace of mind of growing older. God Bless!

Mary N. said...

Great article, Colleen! When my grandmother was in her late seventies she used to tell us that she still felt like she was young, that the brain may age but the mind doesn't. People always feel young inside even if their bodies don't cooperate with that thinking :)

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! I hope you are right! I do have that peace about it. I am almost amused by the thought of turning 60 next month!!It strikes me as being funny because I just don't believe it!

Mary, thank you!I feel like your grandmother. Turning 60 really has surprised me. How did that happen??

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes and blessings for 60 and beyond. Whatever our age, we always look forward with Christ by our side.

God bless you and your family.

Colleen said...

Victor, amen!

Michael said...

God Bless you Colleen!

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you. God bless you too!