Monday, March 24, 2014

Light in the Darkness - A Compassionate Cop


Maria at Four Blessings Academy is hosting an uplifting meme for every Monday called Light in the Darkness. Here we share stories of hope and joy. We can link to a news article or video or tell a story from our own lives. Post about your story and then link to Maria's blog. There is enough negativity in this world. Let's spread some joy and light up the darkness! 

A police officer pulls someone over with an expired registration tag. And then surprises the motorist with an incredible gift.
A story like this can renew one's faith in the kindness and compassion of people. A short story and video. Check it out!


5 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great story. Thanx Colleen.

You may also like this story from the UK.

http://news.sky.com/story/1230680/cyclist-christian-smiths-donations-top-40k

God bless.

Maria said...

What a great story! Many people nowadays fear cops instead of looking to trust them. I think this story & several others I've heard shed such a positive light on these brave men & women who are out there to protect us.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! I will check out your link!

Maria, I love the story, too. It is nice to hear the good positive stories.

Michael Seagriff said...

Colleen:

I am so glad you posted this story.

A brief story: I got stopped once. I had been praying the rosary. When the officer came to my car and saw the beads in my hand he asked me if I was praying that he would not give me a ticket. I said "NO' but that 's not a bad idea. Have a good day he told but slow down.''

I suspect things like this happen far more often than we know

Colleen said...

Michael, that is a great story. Thank you!