Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunday Snippets - March 23

This is the weekly Catholic Carnival! Be sure to visit RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing and check out some posts from other bloggers participating in Sunday Snippets this week. Why not join us and share a blog post or two from last week?

Question of the week: How often do you go to confession?  Do you have a regular confessor or do you go to different priests?
I do not go often enough. Every once in awhile, I get the urge to go - that little voice in the back of my mind that keeps bugging me - and I go. I would like to go at least once a month. I also go to the Advent and Lenten Penance Services our parish has. 
I do not have a regular confessor. We have only one priest at our parish and he is my boss! So I go to another Catholic church in my neighborhood. I just feel more comfortable.

1. A Mountaintop Experience

2. Light in the Darkness - A Girl and Her Teddy Bear

3. Deo Gratias - Family & Camping Fun

4 comments :

Faith said...

I think you should go to your boss. Push yourself. Why? Because you are passing up the opportunity to have your own personal spiritual director. He knows you, hopefully he will know you even better, then who else would know how to guide you closer to God. Think about it.

Colleen said...

Faith, thanks for your encouragement. I am trying to find a regular confessor. God bless!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I always go our parish priest for confession because he knows me and so I feel comfortable with him. The opposite to you, I suppose! I always wonder what Father thinks when the whole family goes to confession, one after another. He must hear some of the same story told multiple ways! Of course being a priest he wouldn't dwell on this or even think about it, but we still wonder... We belong to a small parish as far as number of parishioners goes, but the parish covers a large area. This means it's difficult to go to confession to another priest, and it's also difficult to be anonymous even when we don't have face-to-face confession. Good thing we feel comfortable with our priest!

Colleen said...

Sue, I know what you mean. I used to go to confession with my spiritual director but he has moved away. It is nice going to someone who knows you.
So it isn't that I know my pastor, it is that I WORK for him! It adds a whole new twist to it. Hard to explain, but he understands. We have talked about it.
God bless and thanks!