"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. My birthday - I turned 60! After talking and writing about it for weeks, it finally came. And you know what? I still find it amusing! My boss and co-workers brought me out to lunch! What fun we had. A lot of laughing. Deo gratias!
2. Got "Happy Birthday" phone calls from my mom and my two sons and a text from one of my stepsons. They all made me smile too. Of course. Deo gratias!
3. My hubby made me dinner and bought me a cake and gave me the sweetest card. And we went to the movies. Deo gratias!
4. I am using Scrivener, a program that helps to organize writing projects all in one place (and does other things as well that I haven't learned to do yet!) I had heard about and read about it and finally decided to try. Extremely helpful and not as difficult to learn as I had heard. Deo gratias!
5. We are having a parish mission at our church this week. The talks are on some Augustinian saints (we are an Augustinian parish). So far we have heard about St. Augustine and St. Monica and St. Rita. Awesome talks. Very inspiring. Deo gratias!