Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Deo Gratias - Birthdays and More


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. My birthday - I turned 60! After talking and writing about it for weeks, it finally came. And you know what? I still find it amusing! My boss and co-workers brought me out to lunch! What fun we had. A lot of laughing. Deo gratias!
2. Got "Happy Birthday" phone calls from my mom and my two sons and a text from one of my stepsons. They all made me smile too. Of course. Deo gratias!
3. My hubby made me dinner and bought me a cake and gave me the sweetest card. And we went to the movies. Deo gratias!
4. I am using Scrivener, a program that helps to organize writing projects all in one place (and does other things as well that I haven't learned to do yet!) I had heard about and read about it and finally decided to try. Extremely helpful and not as difficult to learn as I had heard. Deo gratias!
5. We are having a parish mission at our church this week. The talks are on some Augustinian saints (we are an Augustinian parish). So far we have heard about St. Augustine and St. Monica and St. Rita. Awesome talks. Very inspiring. Deo gratias! 
 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments :

Maria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Your parish mission sounds great. I'm sure those talks were incredible.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you for the happy birthday wishes! And yes, the talks were incredible. Tonight was the last night.

Eileen Miller said...

Happy Birthday-Colleen! Hi ladies. I hope to participate in this meme more often. I'm sorry I haven't kept up with it. I miss you all!

Colleen said...

Eileen, thank you for the birthday wishes! Good to see you here! We miss you too!

Mary N. said...

Happy Birthday, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you!!