"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. The awesome-ness of the Triduum. The beautiful music, scripture, the candles on Holy Saturday, the baptisms, the Passion, Deacon hubby holding the cross on Good Friday, while people venerated the cross. So moving. And his inspiring homily at the Easter Vigil. And the new Catholics welcomed into the church! Deo gratias!
2. Easter Sunday with family and friends. A calm and happy celebration with good food, good company, Easter egg hunt for younger grandchildren. Deo gratias!
3. A 5-day weekend!! Woo hoo! Much needed and appreciated! Besides Thursday and Good Friday, I had Easter Monday off, a tradition that our pastor started years ago and much appreciated by a tired office staff. Also enjoyed a wonderful phone call with my mom on Easter Monday. Deo gratias!
4. Chocolate! While I did not exactly give up chocolate for Lent, I did my best to stick to my diet and to avoid any extravagances, like M & M's! My hubby bought me some for Easter. What a guy! Deo gratias!
5. This Lent I did not go crazy and over do my prayer schedule. I stuck to my plan and really enjoyed the new prayer times and readings that I did. With Lent over, I plan to continue with same kind of schedule and resources etc. For a while, before Lent, my prayer life seemed to be hit and miss and I was kind of all over the place, if that makes any sense. I will write more about it later but I got a lot out of my lenten prayer times. And surprised myself by not overdoing! Deo gratias!