Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Deo Gratias - Holy Week


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Holy Week - my favorite week of the year. The liturgies. The reading of the Passion. The Triduum. Deo gratias!
2. Being Catholic - I am so grateful to be Catholic. I love my religion. I am so blessed and thankful that the Lord led me to His Church. Deo gratias!
3. Easter Vigil - the readings, darkness to light, the lighting of the candles, the paschal candle, the baptisms and confirmations. Christ is risen! Joy oh Joy. Deo gratias!
4. My husband - he has had some back pain for past week or so. I was so worried. I hate to see him in pain and with Holy Week coming up, how would he do all he needed to do? So he went to the doctor finally. God is good. Hubby is much better. Deo gratias!
5. The present moment - Lent is such a busy time for a parish office, but I am learning to live one moment at a time. A blessing for sure! Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

4 comments :

Maria said...

Amen, Amen, AMEN to your thanksgiving this week! I'm glad to hear your hubby's back is feeling better. I'm sure that pain wouldn't be pleasant for a deacon during Holy Week!

Have a wonderfully, blessed Easter, Colleen!

Susan said...

I echo Maria. Glad your husband's on the mend and hope this Holy Week and Easter are blessed.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes to you and yours this Easter.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! You can say that again (about a deacon's pain)! Seems like there is something every year at this time. Must be his cross to bear eh? God bless!

Susan, thank you! I pray for a blessed Easter for you too!

Victor, thank you! the same to you! God bless.