"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. We were surprised by a visit from one of our sons. He and his family stayed at the beach near us for a few days and we spent a wonderful evening with them. Out for dinner and ice cream. Our grandchildren were adorable. Of course. Deo gratias!
2. The next day we saw the rest of our children and many of our grandchildren as we celebrated our granddaughter's graduation from college. She is now a teacher. Don't you love the saying on her mortarboard? Deo gratias!
3. I love camping. We brought our children camping several times every year throughout their childhood and teen years. Whenever we get together now, we often end up reminiscing about the camping trips and telling all our favorite stories. It warms my heart because it means that we gave them happy memories that will last forever. What else warmed my heart was my son taking his children camping for the first time recently. He did all the usual things, including toasting marshmallows. Deo gratias!
4. I got birthday and Mother's Day cards from my sons over the weekend. And they had such beautiful words in them. Brought tears to my eyes. The good kind. Deo gratias!
5. Had company the other night and hubby made a great dinner that included an awesome orange cake. Yum. Not on my diet but I am still losing weight. A little at a time. Deo gratias!