Sunday, May 18, 2014

Jesus Reveals the Father

"Whoever has seen me has seen the Father." - John 14:9
Fr. T was my spiritual director for many years. Never had I known anyone like him. No one had ever shown me such respect and care. No one had ever shown me such compassion and understanding. And mercy.
And patience. Lots of patience.
One day I heard that scripture verse and it hit me. By knowing Fr. T, I had come to know Jesus. And in knowing Jesus, I had come to know the Father.
Fr. T's compassion and mercy revealed to me God's compassion and mercy. I started to know God in a whole new way.

Dear Jesus, thank you for revealing the Father to us through your actions and deeds. May we too reveal the Father to others by being more like you. Help us to love with your love and show mercy with your mercy. Amen.


1st posted 5/22/11

5 comments :

Michael said...

I know I, for one, sometimes forget that when we "see" Jesus, we are looking at God Himself.

You are lucky to have had a wonderful spiritual advisor!

God Bless you!

RAnn said...

What a blessing

Colleen said...

Michael, yes, I was very blessed! God knew what (and who) I needed. I am writing a book about spiritual direction - my experience with it and mostly, my experience with Fr. T.

RAnn, yes, for sure. thank you!

Michael Seagriff said...

Colleen:
I look forward to your new book - no doubt it will touch many hearts and souls.

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you! God bless!