Sunday, May 25, 2014

We Are Not Orphans

"I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." - John 14:18

I love knowing that Jesus is always with us. Not just with us, but in us.
Jesus sends His Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, to dwell within us always.
Not just when we are paying attention. Not just when we "feel" Him. Not just when we are praying. Not just when we are listening.
Always.
Jesus sends the Advocate, the Consoler, the Encourager to dwell within so we are not alone. So we can speak His truth and know His guidance and feel His love and peace.
We are not orphans. We are not alone.
Do I live my life like I believe it?  

Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me so much, for not leaving me orphaned. I need you so much. Help me to bring your light to others. Help me to listen to your Spirit within me and feel your peace. Amen.

first posted 5/29/11

6 comments :

Michael said...

God bless you, Colleen.

Colleen said...

Michael, God bless you too!

Kathleen Basi said...

I find that if I don't feel him, it's because I've crowded him out with noise and distraction. But it is a lovely thing to remember, an incentive to go looking for the quiet to allow him room in my consciousness.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, amen! I am going on retreat soon. And I guess that is why I go.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I love this scripture verse. It is very consoling to know that Jesus is with us, and never leaves us alone, no matter what!

Colleen said...

Carol, amen. Thank you!