"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. Did you ever read anything about or by Corrie ten Boom? She tells a story about being in a Nazi concentration camp and her barracks was overrun by fleas. Her sister said that they have to thank God for everything, even the fleas. Corrie doesn't think much of that but she thanks God anyway. Turns out, the guards never come in to check on them because they don't like the fleas! So they are able to conduct bible study without worrying they might be caught! Well, that is a long way of telling you that I am over-run by gnats at home. And I am trying to thank God for the gnats because there must be a good reason for us to have these. I just can't think of a good reason right now but I will thank God for that wonderful story. I told my sons that story when they were little and whenever things went wrong for them, they would say, thank God for the fleas! ... Deo gratias!
2. I love my job through the good and the bad. And no matter what, I am so grateful to be able to work and put food on the table. Deo gratias!
3. Thank you Lord, for the diaconate program in our diocese. My husband is a deacon and now another member of our parish who has been in formation is one step closer to ordination. Deo gratias!
4. Thank you, Lord, for my children and grandchildren and stepchildren. I am blessed. Deo gratias!
5. If you do not see me here on my blog over next couple of weeks, I may take a "blogcation." Just a short one. Maybe. Thank you Lord for blogs and for my blogging buddies! Deo gratias!