Sunday, June 1, 2014

I Am With You Always

“And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Mt 28:20)

This is my favorite scripture verse. Hands down. It grabbed my heart many years ago and has never let go.
I love the promise it makes. I love the reminder. Jesus tells us we are not alone. Jesus tells us he is with us always.
I may be in a crisis. I may feel alone. I may feel lost. I may feel like no one understands me. But I know, Jesus is with me always.
I know. Because He promised.
And if I forget, I go to adoration, and I gaze at the Blessed Sacrament and I am reminded again.
I am not alone. I am not an orphan.
Jesus is with me.

Dear Lord, thank you for your promise. Thank you for knowing we would need to hear that. Sometimes I feel alone but I gain comfort from reading your words. And then I remember your name. Emmanuel. God-with-us. Amen.

6 comments :

Michael said...

I agree. Such a comforting phrase.

God Bless.

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you. God bless!

Jean Wise said...

Amen Amen. what a wonderful promise to cling to. Thanks for reminding me,Colleen

Colleen said...

Jean, thanks for stopping by!

Joann Nelander said...

Yes,yes,yes!! When I wonder how he looks on me or feels about me with all my faults, falls and fails, He loves me from the Cross.

Colleen said...

Joann, amen!