Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Deo Gratias - Birthday Girl!


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Back to work this week after an awesome vacation! One of the best ever! Deo gratias!

2. Called and spoke to my mom last night. She is one special lady. She is a deaconess in her church and she serves in so many ways. And she will soon be 80 years old! Deo gratias!

3. I am so grateful for the book I found while on retreat. Simply Merton, Wisdom from His Journals, by Linus Mundy. Great reflections. Deo gratias!

4. I did not gain any weight while on vacation. In fact, I lost a pound! Deo gratias!

5. My adorable granddaughter turns 2 today! Happy birthday sweetheart! 

Deo gratias!




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes to your Mother and Granddaughter.

God bless you all.

Maria said...

What an adorable 2 yo! Happy Birthday to her!

Congrats on losing a pound over vacation! That is definitely an achievement...I never lose any & usually gain quite a bit!

Susan said...

A great list. I love the spirit in your granddaughter's face.

I think we need a word other than "retire" for energetic, giving folks, who're older, but so engaged in life! That's as it should be. I think the generations need to mix more.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!!

Maria, thank you! I don't know what happened with my weight!! We ate really healthy stuff at the monastery without in-between meals. Maybe that was it!

Susan, my granddaughter really looks like she has attitude doesn't she?
Good thoughts on getting older. I must say, my mother puts me to shame with all she does. I used to worry that she did too much, but now I can see that is what makes her happy and gives her life.
A good idea, generations mixing together. We can all learn from each other eh? And help each other too.