Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Deo Gratias - Coffee and Rainbows


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. I had a wonderful weekend. I had time for reading and writing and praying and resting. Mass on Sunday. Out for breakfast. AND a trip to Starbucks. (I love mocha frappaccinos!) Deo gratias!

2. I love ice coffee and my husband, knowing my addiction to the stuff, bought me some Starbucks ice coffee from a grocery store. It is evidently new. And very good! Deo gratias!

3. Had my Remicade infusion for my RA. That is not a particularly fun event. However it seems to be keeping my RA from getting worse. I usually feel better after a few days. Deo gratias!

4. It started raining tonight just as I was about to start my evening prayer so I went out on the lanai to pray and watch the rain. I closed my eyes for a few minutes and when I opened them, there was a rainbow! And it was a full rainbow, arching over the canal. Such a beautiful sight. Deo gratias!

5. My husband absolutely loves cooking and he does all the cooking for us. I am so spoiled! Deo gratias!


 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I thought of you Sunday evening when we saw a rainbow on our way home from my SIL's house. It had just stormed & the clouds were incredible...different in every direction w/ a rainbow peaking out of one.

Colleen said...

Maria, sounds gorgeous! Amazing how every rainbow looks different. But all look beautiful.