Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Deo Gratias - Fun with Son and Sun


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. My husband loves soccer and he is thoroughly enjoying the World Cup. He has watched as many games as he can. Deo gratias!

2. I had a 4 day weekend for the 4th of July and enjoyed every minute of it. Deo gratias!

3. I have a whole new attitude since going on vacation and retreat. My husband is relieved! Deo gratias!

4. Our youngest son took a break from working on his new house and came to visit us last weekend and took us out to dinner. What a treat it was to see him! Deo gratias!



5. Part of my vacation was spent on the beach. Just a couple of days to unwind and watch the ocean, one of my favorite things to do. The sunrises were awesome! The first picture is my new header for the blog. Deo gratias! 







Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

5 comments :

Maria said...

Lovely photos! You, your hubby, & your son look so happy together!

YAY for new attitudes! It's amazing how just a bit of time away can change your outlook.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! Yes we were all happy. For one thing, we don't get to see our son often enough and besides that, he always makes us laugh!

Marj aka Thriver said...

Glad to see you have so much to be thankful for. I actually posted on my old, dusty blog today and was just swinging by to say hello to some of my old bloggy buddies. Glad you are well.

Marj aka Thriver said...

I am rusty at this blogger thing. Not sure if my comment went through. But, I am happy to see you and your gratitude post. Take care.

Colleen said...

Marj, thanks for stopping by. I am going to check out your website. I do not post much on my survivor blog any more. Must mean we are both doing well! God bless.