Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Deo Gratias - Thirty-Five Years


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Hubby and I renewed our wedding vows on Sunday. It was a beautiful moment, one of many beautiful moments in our 35 years together. Deo gratias!

2. I forgot to ask someone to take pictures when we renewed our vows, but a couple of women had their phones with them and they took some pictures of us. Deo gratias!



3. Saw a beautiful sunrise on vacation and I forgot to post this picture! It is too beautiful for words! Deo gratias!




4. Love, love, love books. I have to make time to read but I not only love to read, I need to read. I am reading a great book on Merton right now. Deo gratias!

5. I went to adoration last Friday. I have no words to describe what this gift means to me. Deo gratias!




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

8 comments :

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary! You are a beautiful couple!

Ditto to the love of books! It's my addiction when I go to a thrift store...I always head straight for the book section.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you!
And what would we do without books??

Jean Wise said...

Happy anniversary and many many more...

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you!

Michael Seagriff said...

Colleen:

Let me also congratulate you and your husband on your anniversary and renewal of vows. So few reach those milestones these days.

I suspect that with Adoration as part of your prayer arsenal, there will be many more years together.

Keep writing and stirring souls as you are so gifted in doing.

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you for your congrats and your kind words. Yes, adoration is a powerful prayer, isnt it?

Kathleen Basi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Colleen said...

Kathleen, thank you!