Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sunday Snippets - July 13

This is the weekly Catholic Carnival! Be sure to visit RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing and check out some posts from other bloggers participating in Sunday Snippets this week. Why not join us and share a blog post or two from last week?

Question of the Week: Any nun (sister) stories to tell? 
I grew up in the protestant tradition so did not have interaction with nuns too often, if at all. However, shortly after I converted, I was fortunate to meet some wonderful nuns who ran the Catholic school at a church nearby. When the school first opened, we put our sons in the school and these nuns were awesome. They loved the children and were very good teachers and administrators. My boys truly loved them. By the time my youngest graduated from the school (8th grade), the nuns had left and the school changed shortly thereafter. However, I was glad we had the blessing of their presence and their vocation for as long as we did and will always be grateful.
 

1. Light in the Darkness - Hug-A-Thon

2. Praying the Hours

3. Deo Gratias - Fun with Son and Sun

No comments :