Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Snippets - July 6

This is the weekly Catholic Carnival! Be sure to visit RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing and check out some posts from other bloggers participating in Sunday Snippets this week. Why not join us and share a blog post or two from last week?

Question of the Week:Tell us about a priest (or more) who have been significant in your life. 
There have been a few but here are two. The first was the one who helped my husband with his annulment. He did our wedding when we remarried in the Church. And a year or 2 later, when I decided to got to RCIA to become Catholic, guess who taught the class? Then he started a new parish in our town and he asked me to be on the first parish council. A year later, I became his parish secretary and 22 years later, I am still the parish secretary! He passed away several years ago and I miss him still.
The other priest was my spiritual director for about 10 years and he also greatly changed my life. He discerned my call to be a spiritual director. And also helped me in my healing journey as an incest survivor. He was the one I wrote about in my book. He sat with me through the sexual abuse crisis in the Church and that could not have been easy. I often liken it to him staying awake with me in my own Garden of Gethsemani. He transferred and I rarely see him but we email and he still challenges me in my ministry.

1. Who Do You Say That I Am?

2. Light in the Darkness: A Simple Act of Kindness

3. Deo Gratias - Birthday Girl



No comments :