"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
1. My husband is feeling much better this week and is more himself. He is even making me laugh. A good sign! Deo gratias!
2. I found a podcast of a guided examen done by Fr. James Martin. I love it. (There are other podcasts, too. The examen is #19.) Deo gratias!
3. Had a great phone conversation with my mother last night. She is turning 80 this fall. I will soon fly up to see her so we can celebrate together! Deo gratias!
4. We had primary elections today. The freedom to vote is such a blessing. May we never take any of our freedoms for granted. Deo gratias!
5. Starting September 1st, my parish is celebrating our 25th year as a parish community. I am one of the founding members and I can hardly believe it has been 25 years. I have also been blessed to be the parish secretary for 22 years. What a joy to have been a member of this parish from the beginning and to be part of this celebration. Deo gratias!