Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sharing Thoughts on Spiritual Direction

I am writing a book on spiritual direction. Spiritual direction is a passion of mine, a "calling." I have been a spiritual director for about 17 years. I went to a spiritual director for about 10 years and I am about to start with a new director.
There are so many questions about spiritual direction and so many misunderstandings as well, that my former spiritual director suggested I write a book about it. Even though he is not my spiritual director any more (he now lives hundreds of miles from me), I tend to take his suggestions very seriously. He is the one who suggested that I write a book about what it means to be a child sexual abuse survivor and it was one of the most healing things I have ever done. Not only for me, but for many others.
So eventually, with much prayer, I decided I would write a book about spiritual direction. I also decided that it would be more of a personal memoir rather than just a "how-to" kind of book.
However, I have been procrastinating a lot. So I decided that one way to keep me working on it, would be to share my plan and even share some of my book as it progresses.
So I am asking you, my readers, if this would be a journey you would like to take with me.

6 comments :

Jean Wise said...

lots of prayers and you know as a fellow spiritual director if you need to brainstorm or bounce something off, I would be glad to help. I think we need more info out there about this spiritual practice. Thanks for your willingness to obey the call.

Christian LeBlanc said...

Better personal experience than how-to; better and I think yes to write it incrementally via blogposts.

Christian LeBlanc said...

Yes to writing it incrementally via the blog.

Colleen said...

Jean, thanks for the prayers and your offer. I will probably take you up on it. Thanks for your help!

Christian, thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate it very much!

Michael Seagriff said...

Colleen:

I can not wait to make this journey with you. You have my prayer support and deepest appreciation. God bless you for touching so many souls..

Colleen said...

Michael, thanks so much. Your prayer support means a lot.