Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Deo Gratias - Writing and Rainbows


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. Long weekends! We had sort of a busy Labor Day weekend. However, Monday was a quiet peaceful day. Deo gratias!

2. The rainbow I saw on my home from work. It got brighter and brighter and by the time I drove up the road leading to my home, I could see the whole rainbow, end to end. And the colors were so bright and distinct. Looked like a painting! Deo gratias!

3. Our Bishop-emeritus (retired) passed away last week. Funeral is today and I am unable to go but my deacon hubby is going. He was a truly wonderful kind and spirit-filled man. He was so gentle and Christ-like in his approach to people. He was the bishop that ordained my husband. One of the things that amazed me about him was that he remembered names. Every time I saw him, he called me by name. And even went up to my son one time and said he remembered confirming him! This was years before my husband was ordained. He is face to face with God now. Deo gratias!

4. I recently wrote a post about wanting to write my book about spiritual direction and wondering if I should post some of it on my blog as I go along. I got little response but it was enthusiastic so I will try it for a while. I have not had as many readers in recent months as I have not been writing much more besides my weekly posts. I have thought of closing up this blog and concentrating on the book and my other blog and website and the reflections I wrote for Catholicmom.com. But I will try this for awhile. I am grateful for this blog and all who visit! Deo gratias!

5. Speaking of Catholicmom.com, I have been writing gospel reflections every month for this awesome website. The website started with these daily gospel reflections in January 2014 and we are now working on our 2015 reflections. Those of us who volunteered for the "team" are each assigned a day of each month. My day is the 20th. It is a wonderful ministry. I read the gospels for the 20th of each month and reflect and pray with them and then write my reflections and send them in. We have deadlines that can get kind of scary at times! Especially when the inspiration does not seem to be there, but the Holy Spirit always comes through, giving me what I need. And as with all things we do for the Lord, it seems like I receive more than I give. Deo gratias!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

I look forward to your writing on spiritual direction! I'm always inspired by your writing!

I'm sorry to hear of your diocese's loss. It's always sad when a dear priest/bishop passes away.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you!