Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Deo Gratias


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

I first thought that I was really not in the mood to do this post this week. My sister is expected to pass away any day now. I cannot be with her becasue I live so far away and I was just there and I cannot afford to go back and forth. So, I told mom to tell me when it was time to go back. Needless to say, it is a very hard time, but God is so good and I know He is with me. And He has given me so much to be thankful for:

1. My sister's lifelong friend was found and she is going to see my sister tonight. Deo gratias!
2. My brother is with my mother and is helping her with everything. Friends are staying with her too. Deo gratias!
3. My other brother was in a bad truck accident but he is OK. Deo gratias!
4. Many are praying for my family. Deo gratias!
5. God will take my sister home and she will finally be free of pain. Deo gratias!

 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments :

Maria said...

Sending many thoughts & prayers for your family right now! Your post today just goes to show that we can truly find things to be thankful for even amidst trials & struggles. God Bless You!

Susan said...

I too have prayed for your brother and mother. God bless!

Mary N. said...

Dear Colleen,
I just saw (from a comment you left on FB) that your sister has passed away and I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for the repose of her soul and for all of you during this time of sorrow. May the Lord hold you all close to his heart.

It is so beautiful that you can find so many reasons to be thankful even during tough times. You have a beautiful heart, my friend. Sending you a great big hug and much love.

Colleen said...

Thank you all. My sister passed away this morning. I know she is at peace now. After years of emotional pain.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

God bless you, Colleen. I know God has answered all of our prayers for your sister, your family, and you. Your sister is free at last and eternally in His hands!

Colleen said...

Amen, Barb. Thank you!