Sunday, October 5, 2014

God Never Gives Up On Us

"The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; by the Lord has this been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes." (Matthew 21:42)

I often talk about our God of Second Chances. I love how God never gives up on me. Even when I turn a deaf ear. Even when I turn away from those he sends me. Even when I say, "No, Lord."
Sometimes I forget that I do not bear fruit alone. That I can only say yes and then let God work through me.
Sometimes I forget that God loves me so much that he never gives up on me.
I wonder how many times I have turned away from Jesus when He came to me. How many times have I ignored the prophets God has sent to me? How many times have I refused to do His will?
The Good News is that the stone I have rejected is still the cornerstone of my life. The Good News is that God loves me so much that He comes to me over and over and offers me His compassion and mercy.
He offers me His Son.

Jesus, you are the Lord of my life. Help me to always trust in your love and your forgiveness. Please use me to bear fruit in this world and to bring others to your vineyard. Help me to put you first in my life, everyday. Thank you for never giving up on me. Amen.

No comments :