Sunday, October 26, 2014

Love the Lord, Your God

"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment.” Matthew 22:37-38
Putting God first has been very much on my mind lately. I recently went on retreat and found that I was not putting him first. I was complaining about being too busy and not having enough time to pray, but I realized that I found time to do other things. And should God not be at the top of the list?
If I can find time to watch a television show, then I can find time to pray.
If I can find time to read a chapter in the book I am reading, then I can find time to pray.
If I can find time to go to the coffee shop to get my favorite iced coffee, then I can find time to pray.
There is nothing wrong with doing any of these things, but I found time to do them.
So I can find time to pray.
During my retreat, my daily “mantra” became First Things First and it continues to be a daily reminder that God needs to be first in my life.
That doesn’t mean that I always succeed, but I am doing much better than I was doing.
Putting someone first in our lives lets them know where they belong in our heart, and our soul and our mind.
Dear Lord, I love you with all my heart, and my mind and my soul. I am sorry for the times I have not put you first and I am trying to do better. Help me, Lord, to remember that you come first before all things. Amen.

No comments :