"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.
It is Thanksgiving Week! An awesome national holiday as we as a nation stop and take a moment to give thanks for all our blessings. Here are just a few of my own:
1. My family. We are quite a mixed bunch. Large and multi-generational with stepchildren and step-parents thrown in. Yet, somehow we all come together to celebrate Thanksgiving Day every year and give thanks for each other. Deo gratias!
2. My faith. To know and believe in God who loves me more than I can imagine. God who gives me comfort and strength and people to love and people who love me back. God who carries me through the tough and painful times and dries my tears. God who gives me peace and joy. Deo gratias!
3. My husband. We have been married 35 years. I have never once doubted our love for each other. He is my husband and he is my best friend. God brought us together and made us one. Deo gratias!
4. My mother. After losing my sister last month, I have seen up close the inner strength and faith that my mother has. And her tender love for my sister and for all of us, her children. And her energy! She is 80 years and I can hardly keep up with her. She is one of the most giving and loving people I know. Deo gratias!
5. The Eucharist. Such a amazing gift that Jesus gives to us every day. He knew we would have lonely times and scary times where that empty space in our hearts would get too big and so He fills us with Himself. Deo gratias!