Sunday, December 28, 2014

Simeon's Moment


“Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word,
for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you prepared in sight of all the peoples,
a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and glory for your people Israel." Lk 2:29-32

Have you seen the Ron DiCianni's picture of Simeon holding the baby Jesus? It is called "Simeon's Moment." When I first saw it a few years ago, tears filled my eyes immediately. I was overcome by the look on Simeon's face. It was the look of pure joy.
I can only imagine how Simeon felt. After years of waiting for the Messiah, after being promised that he would live to see Him, to finally see Him. The Savior of the World.
I can only imagine.
I too have felt that pure joy in my life. It is that joy that only God can give. It is that joy I feel whenever I encounter the Christ in my life.
Emmanuel: God-with-us.
And when I encounter Jesus and experience that pure joy, I call it a Simeon moment.
Can you think of times you have felt that pure joy when experiencing God? Can you think of your own Simeon moments?

Dear Lord, thank you for the all of the Simeon moments of my life. Help me to be aware of those moments when I encounter Jesus in my everyday life. May I feel that same joy Simeon felt. Amen.

2 comments :

Jean Wise said...

No I wasn't familiar with that picture until you pointed it out. What a joyous face. One I won't forget. Thanks Colleen and Happy New year!

Colleen said...

I have loved that picture since the first time I saw it a few years ago. Happy New Year!