Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Deo Gratias - January 21



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. For my husband who takes such good care of me ... deo gratias!
2. For the beautiful weather we have had this week. We even needed to turn on the heater! (I live in Florida, don't forget) ... deo gratias!
3. That my mom's email seems to be working right now. We really missed being able to email each other for past several weeks. Emailing every day helps us feel like we are living next door to each other, ... deo gratias!
4. For my Remicade treatments that are helping me live with rheumatoid arthritis, ... deo gratias!
5. For my blogging buddies, ... deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments :

Maria said...

Aren't our husbands wonderful? Mine's been taking good care of me, too. And I totally agree w/ #5 as well. Blogging buddies are awesome!

Colleen said...

Maria, yes they are! We are blessed for sure!

Susan said...

So glad you can contact your mother daily now, for free. Connection is such a blessing.

I do have a prayer request, 2 actually.

Could you pray for my 82 year old aunt who's in the hospital and that (a bit silly, I suppose) that I find my wallet. (With all this running to the hospital and to my aunt's apartment, I've misplaced it.)

Help, St. Anthony!

Colleen said...

Susan, I will surely pray for your aunt and your lost wallet! Not silly at all to pray for your lost wallet. That can cause a lot of stress! God bless you Susan.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, you're the third person in recent weeks, including myself, to report internet/computer issues. I think the devil gets in there somewhere to throw us off track.

Emailing your mom every day is such a beautiful thing. Before my parents passed away, I called them often so they would know I was thinking about them. No regrets then.

Colleen said...

Barb, I agree with everything you said here. I call my mom once a week and email every day. 80 years old and she loves email.
We have lived 1600 miles apart for 36 years and I miss her a lot. Email helps. Since email started, we have felt like we are next door to each other.
And like you said, no regrets.