Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Deo Gratias - January 28



"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. For the cold temps we are experiencing in sunny Florida, ... deo gratias!
2. For my family members who live in New England and got all that snow this week but are safe and sound, ... deo gratias!
3. For my brave husband who rescued me from the black snake (harmless really) that I found on the patio and went ballistic over... He had known about this snake in our home for 3 weeks but had not been able to capture it until I cornered it on the patio! He never told me because he knew I would not be able to sleep til it was found! My hero! Deo gratias!
4. For the parish mission and the awesome priest who gave the talks to our parish this week. The subject was the Sacraments and he was truly a wonderful inspirational speaker ... Deo gratias!
5. For writers who give us such great books to read and especially the Christian writers who have recently inspired and moved me and helped me to see God acting in their lives and mine, ... Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

Maria said...

Absolutely, totally agree w/ #5...there are so many wonderful books out there. I'm glad to hear your family in New England is safe. If you'd like some more cold temps, you're more than welcome to some of ours here in Ohio! LOL

Colleen said...

Thank you Maria! Send that cold down!!